Saturday, June 9, 2007

The Dalai Lama on Sex Fantasies

Apparently, even the Dalai Lama, who has been celibate his entire life, has sex fantasies just like ordinary people do.
"Yes yes, sometmes I see some beautiful things, of course, beautiful women, and sometimes I feel something," he admits. "But in the meantime, when I see all the trouble that married people have, I think maybe I am lucky," he says, laughing deep from within his belly.

Suppression of desire, he says, is achieved through training of the mind and his own belief in the homespun widsom that familiarity breeds contempt.

"This is possible, through training, through analytical meditation. Even when you have the most beautiful, most famous woman, after a few weeks, a few months, a few years, your attitude, your feeling will definitely change ... at one time you can feel very much in love, but the same factor can eventually create a lot of unhappiness – that's nature."--The Daily Telegraph

I guess that explains the frequent break-ups among the "beautiful people" in Hollywood.

No comments: